Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Okay Okay, I Confess... -^_^-

Most of the time, I try to act like I couldn't bluddy care less about all things romantic. Corny, cliched, sometimes empty, largely ceremonial... iSay Valentine's day is just a day like any other, n love itself is a seemingly impossible concept. Nobody seems to be able to agree on what it really is. But to be honest, somewhere deep inside my intotos, m a sucker for mush, albeit qualified.

I don't like corny ass lines, n m very suspicious of the nikkas that use them; my inner critic always wants to jeer at people that believe in love at first sight. Point at them n laugh, like Deedee in Dexter's lab. You dont even know half of a person's story, n u say ure madly in love with them. A few times, I am tempted to say "Love Gbawasi-oku" ...for my non-Igbo brethren, it means "love, burn", or better put: "Fuck love". As cynical as I try to be, fundamentally, I am an appreciater (for lack of a proper word) of Romance.

Not just any romance. I shall never be caught dead acting like Emeka Ike and Ini Edo, or any other romantic couples in Nollywood movies. bleh. I doubt the feminist in me would ever let me go on shopping sprees with men, under the guise of love or romance, v also seen that in Nollywood so I assume its relatively commonplace romantic behaviour. The first time my ex-boyfriend (he was a darling tho) said he loved me, he didnt even say it. He sent me a text n it read "...luv ya". Count one. Joo o! In my world, a written "I Love You" makes more sense when written correctly. Yes, m a little headmistress, but for me, it shows more seriousness.

Before I die, I want to REALLY love :, fiercely, truly, without reason. I would also love some romance. (with or without the love, m not yet sure) Real romance: heady, passionate, consuming, almost out of control!

We have all been blessed with brains, and been given the liberty of having ideas. Romance should be a series of unlikely events, spontaneous, simple AND complicated, thoughtful, strategic. I mean, wouldn't it be lovely to have my lover-lover build a house exactly as I want it, even though we haven't spoken in more than ten years, just like in "The Notebook"? It was not really about the house tho, but that he remembered what she said (in passing) about the house ages ago when they were only 18 (or so)... see guys, its really not that complicated. You dont need to be an advertising guru to figure all that out, but m sure a romance with an advertising guru would be pretty amazing! Those guys are too mush jo...the way they think! Kai!

*sigh* I can almost hear some bad-belle person calling me a dreamer, but oh well, let me dream! I know the girls know what I mean, n guys, guys, please try to show your lady some romance more often, thank you in advance, xx.

2 comments:

  1. aha!!! der goes she....btw, i've always known dat....k nt always only lyk a few months ago....
    We are getin der jo...keep bloggin bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. REMEMBA WEN U WNTD TO DO ADVERTISIN???????? IS DAT STILL IN D PLAN?

    ReplyDelete

You are, as always, entitled to (share) your own opinion :)